Friday 4 March 2016

Crazy Bear

So, for Christmas my main gift from my boyfriend was a stay at the Crazy Bear, Stadhampton (Oxford). It couldn't have come at a better time than after being away from him for 5 days! It was a place I had always wanted to go and didn't disappoint, I am already trying to convince we need a second visit.

We made our way up there Monday morning as we had decided to pay Bicester Village a visit, but unfortunately no purchases were made, a clear sign that my constant shopping seriously needs to stop! We did, however, have a beautiful lunch at the Farmshop, it looked so good that I had to take a picture of it (obvs) and it tasted even better than it looked. I enjoyed avocado and poached eggs on sourdough toast, which is possibly my most favorite thing in the world to eat, whilst G enjoyed a scotch ducks egg that look amazing! To follow we both had spit roasted chicken with coleslaw, garlic alioli and for me it was honey roasted root veg. Just thinking about it now is making me hungry...



Food babies in tow, we made our way to the hotel, to be presented with a double decker bus which was in fact, the hotel reception (they didn't lie when they called it Crazy) we couldn't check in until 3pm which gave us some time to chill out in the bar, A glass of champagne on arrival was tossed into my hand and of course I was not going to say no! Our room was beautiful and cosy, red velvet walls, a big fluffy bed and more champagne on ice. But being the party animals that we are, we relaxed in our room (obviously doing far too many face swaps on snapchat!) and enjoyed champagne in our bathrobes.




There are 2 restaurant to choose from, English & Thai, naturally we opted for the Thai which was a 12 plate tasting menu! All of which was super delicious;

CRISPY SEAWEED
STEAMED EDAMAME
SHRIMP CRACKERS
WAGYU BEEF TARTAR
MODERN STYLE SEABASS SASHIMI
ROASTED MANDARIN CHERRY VALLEY DUCK
HONEY ROASTED LOIN OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE OLD SPOT PORK
CRISPY BELLY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE OLD SPOT PORK
LOBSTER PAD THAI NOODLES
WOK FRIED AUBERGINE
STEAMED JASMINE RICE
CHILLI AND VALRHONA CHOCOLATE TORTE

My personal favorites had to be the duck, pad thai, aubergine and of course the dessert! I didn't get any great pictures due to lighting.

We then spent the rest of our evening in the bar drinking strawberry daiquiris. Breakfast was continental and of course they had home made granola (wasn't quite a morning crunch but was still delish) G ordered the Full English followed by the words 'when in rome!'




Our stay was short and sweet but like I said before I am already planning our next visit, this time I would like to try the Beaconsfield location. I must say, despite being the least romantic man in Britain, or even the world, I enjoyed every minute of our stay at Crazy Bear, I don't think he realises just how much I enjoy his company (CRINGE!)



No comments:

Post a Comment